Soilco Bio-retention Media is a loamy sand blend with high permeability, which has been specifically designed to meet the requirements of Water Sensitive Urban Design Principles for storm water treatment. It allows fast drainage in flash flood situations, and the organic content houses the microbiology necessary for the treatment of various pollutants.
- Designed as a fit for purpose product to drain and process storm water in the urban environment
- Can be supplied as standard mix or customised to meet hydraulic conductivity or plant nutrient requirements
- Contains GO CompostTM to support the microbiology that breaks down pollutants
- Organic nutrients support plant life
Soilco can also supply transition and drainage layers.
- Bioswales – Vegetated drainage channels
- Bio-retention Systems – Rain gardens
- Development of water catchments
- Retrofitting for stormwater management in existing landscapes
As per engineer’s specifications.
For more information you can download the Bio-Retention Media technical fact sheet below or contact us using the contact form on the right.
CASE STUDIES –
BIO-RETENTION MEDIA IN ACTION