Organic Top Dress has been designed for use as a premium top dressing for lawns. The high organic content also makes it suitable for use as a planting medium for grass seed.
• Fine consistency for good seed to soil contact.
• Retains moisture.
• Assists with regulation of temperature.
• Provides insulation for the seed.
• Grass Seed
Grass seed needs to be planted in season as germination is often dependent on soil temperature. It is not recommended that any type of grass seed be planted mid-summer or mid-winter. Check sowing instructions before selecting.
• Always cultivate existing ground first by removing vegetation and roughening ground. Grass seed will not establish successfully if planted straight over existing turf.
• Apply 10mm of Organic Top Dress to provide a non-crusting, moist seed bed.
• Spread seed according to supplier instructions. Do not over apply.
• Keep area watered until seed establishes.
Seed can be hard to germinate. When selecting seed consider quality and the germination % rate. Couch and kikuyu in particular can have low germination rates and be slow to strike.
Grow A Lawn, Products, Soilco Product Information